We're recruiting! Content Marketing and Social Media Account Executive
ARE YOU A SHARP MIND?
WANT TO GET AHEAD IN MARKETING?
We have an exciting vacancy for a Content Marketing and Social Media Account Executive. You need to be a fantastic writer who is passionate about delivering results for clients; in return, we’ll give you first-class training to develop your skills further and as much opportunity and responsibility as you can handle.
We’re a growing, award-winning marketing communications agency based just outside Tunbridge Wells, Kent, providing digital marketing, offline marketing support and public relations for clients across a range of sectors and sizes. We live by our name and need someone who is also a ‘Sharp Mind’: ambitious for themselves, for us and for our clients.
About the role
The focus of the role is digital and social content creation and management, with key duties including:
- Account management: The first point of contact for clients, you will project manage and deliver their work effectively, nurturing successful, long-term relationships and optimising opportunities for them.
- Digital and social content creation and management: You will agree objectives, content calendars and timetables, research content and write compelling copy for B2B and B2C clients, adapting your style for different brands, outlets and goals. You will upload and schedule content across a range of digital and social platforms, providing analytics reports to inform future marketing.
- Public relations: Co-ordinate effective media campaigns, build relationships with journalists.
- Administrative support: Efficient admin to facilitate the smooth-running of the agency.
Please ask for the job description for a full list of duties.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – a first-class writer, your content is always engaging, informative and accurate, but you are able to adapt your style for different media, clients and audiences, creating the right voice for different brands to drive awareness and engagement.
- Great interpersonal skills, as you will be required to represent the company when talking to and meeting with clients, as well as working productively within a small team.
- Able to work under your own initiative, as you will sometimes work alone.
- Ambitious to develop a broad range of marketing skills or to enhance your proven skills.
- Competent typist.
- Able to drive: We are currently located just outside Tunbridge Wells, but are in the process of finding new offices, potentially in Crowborough. In addition, you will be required to get to client meetings under your own steam. Ideally, you will therefore be able to drive and have access to your own car.
- Experience and education: We’re not going to be prescriptive about this. We will consider someone with a couple of years’ agency experience, a fresh graduate or an 18+ school leaver. If you’ve already got some experience, we’ll be there to guide you as you get stuck in, but if you’re just starting out we’ll give you on-the-job training across a wide range of marketing disciplines to give you a great future in marketing. What we need as a minimum is:
- Qualifications: 5 GCEs Grades A*-C incl maths and minimum Grade B in English; relevant A levels.
- Evidence you can write: We need to see three examples of your work (PDFs or digital links)
- Technical skills and aptitude: Ability to use or learn digital content creation and management software
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and a sharp mind!
What we can offer you
Excellent on-the-job training from a highly experienced writer and marketer, to fast-track your career in marketing; our outgoing account exec joined us as an apprentice and is leaving to join a large digital agency in London. For the right person, there is the opportunity to grow with the business; we ideally want to find someone who will enable us to expand our capacity rapidly so we can take on additional resource to enable you to concentrate on content creation. Although we have a team of freelancers and collaborators, you will be the only other full-time person in the company initially and therefore will be able to make a huge contribution to our success – and benefit from the opportunity to learn or refine a wide range of professional, in-demand skills.
We'll send you the full job description, so you can see if this is the right role for you.
Deadline for email applications: Monday 24 September
You need to submit:
- Covering letter explaining why you think you're right for this role and your availability
- 3 examples of your work (either PDF attachments or links to digital articles)
Shortlisted candidates: Notified by email by Friday 28th September
Interviews: Friday 5th October
Back to SharpTips