Sharp Content Marketing and Social Media Account Executive wanted
We have an exciting vacancy for a Content Marketing and Social Media Account Executive (either full or part time). You need to be a fantastic writer who is passionate about delivering results for clients; in return, we’ll give you first-class training to develop your skills and as much opportunity and responsibility as you can handle.
We’re a growing marketing communications agency based just outside Tunbridge Wells, Kent, providing digital marketing, offline marketing support and public relations for clients across a range of sectors and sizes. We live by our name and need someone who is also a ‘Sharp Mind’: ambitious for themselves, for us and for our clients.
About the role
The focus of the role is digital and social content creation and management, with key duties including:
- Account management: The first point of contact for clients, you will project manage and deliver their work effectively, nurturing successful, long-term relationships and optimising opportunities for them.
- Digital and social content creation and management: You will agree objectives, content calendars and timetables, research content and write compelling copy for B2B and B2C clients, adapting your style for different brands, outlets and goals. You will upload and schedule content across a range of digital and social platforms, providing analytics reports to inform future marketing.
- Public relations: Co-ordinate effective media campaigns, nurturing relationships with journalists.
- Administrative support: Efficient admin to facilitate the smooth-running of the agency.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal – a first-class writer, your content is always engaging, informative and accurate, but you are able to adapt your style for different media, clients and audiences, creating the right voice for different brands to drive awareness and engagement.
- Great interpersonal skills, as you will be required to represent the company when talking to and meeting with clients, as well as working productively within a small team.
- Able to work under your own initiative, as you will sometimes work alone.
- Ambitious to develop a broad range of marketing skills or to enhance your proven skills.
- Competent typist.
- Able to drive: You will be required to get to client meetings under your own steam. Ideally, you will therefore be able to drive and have access to your own car.
- Experience and education: We’re not going to be prescriptive about this. We will consider an experienced content creator and social/digital marketer who’s had a career break, someone with a couple of years’ agency experience or a fresh graduate. If you’ve already got some experience, we’ll be there to guide you as you get stuck in, but if you’re just starting out we’ll give you on-the-job training across a wide range of marketing disciplines to give you a great future in marketing. What we need as a minimum is:
- Qualifications: 5 GCEs Grades A*-C incl. maths and minimum Grade B in English; relevant A levels.
- Evidence you can write: We need to see three examples of your work (PDFs or digital links)
- Technical skills and aptitude: Ability to use or learn digital content creation and management software
- Enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and a sharp mind!
What we can offer you
Competitive salary (£16k-£24k, depending on experience). Excellent on-the-job training to fast-track your career in marketing; our previous account execs have gone on to bigger agencies in London and Maidstone. We’re a small team, so you will be able to make a huge contribution to our success – and benefit from the opportunity to learn or refine a wide range of professional, in-demand skills. But there’s also the opportunity to grow with the business; we ideally want to find someone who will enable us to expand our capacity rapidly so we can take on additional resource so you can concentrate on content creation. And we offer flexibility; we are very happy to consider part-time/flexible working arrangements and find other resources to support the right candidate to create the work-life balance they’re after (unfortunately, we can’t accommodate term-time only).
Want to know more?
Please submit three examples of your recent written work with your CV and any impending holiday dates to email@example.com by close of business, Monday 22nd July.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within a fortnight. The interview will include a two-hour written test.
We are planning on holding interviews late July/early August - we appreciate this is key holiday season, so please tell us any dates you are not available.
Based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Sharp Minds offers brand development, digital marketing, offline marketing and public relations to businesses across Kent, Sussex, Surrey and Greater London. You can see what our customers say about us here.
Back to SharpTips